3/29/12

Our Selfish Flesh

Yesterday my friend said something along the lines of "I want Jesus to come back and all, but I just want to live my life first. I want to have children and get married and everything." My other friend, who is one of the best christians I know, said "That is just your selfish human flesh." That inspired me to look up verses in the Bible that backed her up. So last night I opened my Bible to the back where it has a section called "God's answers for mans concerns". I found the word "worldliness" and it told me to flip to Colossians 3:2 which states "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." This single verse confirmed my friends statement; God wants you to set your mind on things in Heaven and He wants you to concentrate on glorifying him and everything else in your life will fall into place.
After reading that verse I continued reading the entire third chapter of Colossians, which was all about how to act here on earth in ways that would please God. A feeling a peacefulness swept over me after that and I was able to sleep soundly.

No comments:

Post a Comment